I am a highly qualified and experienced Chartered Psychologist and Psychotherapist based in Edinburgh where I offer psychotherapy or counselling to both individuals and couples.
What sort of problems can be helped ?
People come to psychotherapy or counselling when they are struggling with emotional problems. They might have spoken to family and friends but nothing seems to change. Sometimes people find it hard to express what is wrong – they feel stuck. These are some of the issues I’ve regularly encountered over the years.
- Feeling stressed and anxious
- Low self confidence or self-esteem
- Feeling depressed, sad or empty
- Difficulties in sustaining intimate, meaningful relationships
- Loss such as bereavement, divorce, redundancy or sense of identity
- Traumatic experiences, including sexual and emotional abuse
- Work difficulties such as career uncertainties and change
- Feeling lost: lacking a sense of direction or purpose in life
- Coming to terms with gay, lesbian or bi-sexual issues
- Transgender issues
- Post Traumatic Stress (PTSD)
- Family conflicts